Celebrating Italian-American Beauty and Culture
The pageant began in 2014 in, Rhode Island which has the second highest percentage of Italian-Americans in the country per capita, following New Jersey and preceding New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Contestants in different age divisions will compete in formal wear and on stage interview in front of a panel of judges. Titleholders will receive a beautiful crown, official banner, professional photo shoots, gift certificates and gifts from participating sponsors. In addition to prizes, the organization provides titleholders the means to gain visibility for multiple charities through community involvement.
Miss US Italia Titleholders are happy to participate in a variety of functions including parades, charity fundraisers, community events and special appearances. They are available for interviews, radio and television appearances, may assist in meet and greet at your event as well as take photos with guests.
Support is appreciated from local businesses who would like to become involved by way of prize donations for division winners, contestants, program book advertising and event sponsorship.
Bella Corcelli Community Involvement Award
This year a special Community Involvement award will be given in honor of Isabella Corcelli, one of the first Miss Rhode Island Italia State Titleholders who lost her battle with cancer in February 2016 at age 21. Isabella had done many things with her title and assisted in a multitude of fundraisers and charity events. The award will be given to an outgoing titleholder who has demonstrated a strong commitment to volunteering and supporting local charity organizations.
Miss US Italia Pageant formerly known as Rhode Island Italia Pageant is pleased to announce its decision to accept nationwide applicants to reflect the regional diversity of contestants. The Pageant will be held October 1, 2017 at 2pm, at the Hilton Providence, 21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island and will consist of several age categories from age 7 and up.
The competition respectfully honors the beauty and heritage of Italian American women throughout the US. It began in 2014 in, Rhode Island which has the second highest percentage of Italian Americans in country per capita, following New Jersey and preceding New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Contestants in different age divisions will compete in formal wear and on stage interview in front of a panel of judges. Titleholders will receive a beautiful crown, official banner, professional photo shoots, gift certificates and gifts from participating sponsors. In addition to prizes, the organization provides titleholders the means to gain visibility for multiple charities through community involvement. Age division winners will have an opportunity to make appearances throughout the year, participate in parades, attend VIP functions and fundraisers.
“We are excited that, in such a short time, the pageant is able to expand to include contestants from beyond the Rhode Island borders. Our titleholders, past and present, are a fun and trendy community of sisters, who have become ambassadors of many worthy causes including Make a Wish Foundation, and “Help Warm the Homeless – A Charity Clothing Drive and Fundraiser” which was created by the 2015 Miss RI Italia delegation. Not only are we excited to have created an event which displays a beautiful representation of our Italian American heritage, we are equally as proud to spread a positive message about our culture through positive community Involvement.”
Pat Paolino Cruz, Miss US Italia Pageant Director/Producer
Pageant Committee and Sponsors
Pat Paolino Cruz
Pageant Director and Producer
Director of Appearances
Anna Maria Angelosanto
Ticket Sales and Contestant Coordinator
Event Operations and Contestant Coordinator
Judges Chairperson and Tabulator
Gregg Perry, The Perry Group
Public Relations Adviser
Ocean State Photography
Official Stage and Event Photographer
Calma Salon and Beauty Boutique
Official Backstage Hair and Makeup Salon
- Wind and Fire Jewelry to Sponsor Miss US Italia and Create Exclusive Signature Charm Bangle to be Unveiled at October 1, 2017 Event
- Miss US Italia to be held in Providence, Rhode Island – Will accept Nationwide Contestants
- Miss Italia 2016 Announces Winners
- Pilgrim student Marie Balemian named Miss Rhode Island Italia Pre-Teen 2016
- Miss Rhode Island Italia Announces 2016 Winners
AGE DIVISIONS INCLUDE
- Little Miss US Italia – Age 7-11
- Miss Pre-Teen US Italia – Age 12-14
- Miss Teen US Italia – Age 15-17
- Miss US Italia-Age 18-26
- Ms US Italia Age 27 and Up
- Mrs US Italia – (no age restriction)
CONTESTANTS JUDGED IN
- Formal Wear: Each contestant is individually introduced on stage in a formal dress of their choice.
- Interview: Contestants are asked one question on stage by one of the judges. Questions are chosen from information written in their written bio.
- Written Bio: Contestants have an opportunity to list individual interests, hobbies, goals, ambitions, community involvement and/or sports organizations, as well as, why their Italian American heritage is important to them.
DIVISION WINNERS RECEIVE
- Beautiful Crown and Banner
- Prize Package including professional photo shoots, gift certificates, gifts and prizes (TBA)
- Opportunity to make appearances and photo-ops throughout the year
Our 2017 Prize Package to be Announced Prior to Event.
The 2016 Prize Package for Division Winners included the following:
- Beautiful Crown and Division Winner Banner
- 2 VIP Tickets to Styleweek Providence
- 2 VIP Passes including Exclusive Boat Ride at Waterfire Providence
- 4 Tickets Mind Body Spirit Life Expo November 2016
- Beautiful Crown Pin from Infusion Boutique
- Variety of Division Winner Gifts Provided by Benrus
- Gift and Certificate from Calma Salon Beauty Boutique
- Gift and Certificate from Lisa Papa at Dellaria Salon, Cranston
- Gift Certificate from Garbolino Boutique
- Gift Certificate from Infusion Boutique
- Gift Certificate from Sleeping Beauty Spa and Boutique
- Gift Certificate from Touchstone Crystal
- Gift Certificate New England Laser and Wellness
- Gift Certificate Salon KG
- Gift Certificate Sonya’s Boutique
- Gift Certificate Twin Oaks Restaurant
- Gift Certificates Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
- Gift Certificate Thirsty Beaver Cranston/Smithfield
- Gift from Whimsical Wishes and Delightful Dreams
- Photo Shoot with Juliette Holt Photography
- Photo Shoot with Stacey Doyle Photography
- Reflexology Session from AMC Permanent Cosmetics and Wellness
- Original Gourmet Lollipops for All Contestants
21 Atwells Ave,
Providence, RI 02903
With a stay at Hilton Providence, you’ll be centrally located in Providence, steps from Dunkin’ Donuts Center and minutes from Providence Public Library. This hotel is within close proximity of Trinity Repertory Company and Rhode Island Convention Center. Make yourself at home in one of the 274 air-conditioned rooms featuring plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily. Take advantage of recreation opportunities including an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services.
Providence, RI 02903